Learning how to build your audience can be one of the hardest things to do when beginning a business. While you might have a really clear vision of what you have to offer, it can be overwhelming to think about just what segment of the market your should focus on.
While some people let this problem keep them forever in limbo, Eleanore Strong, this week’s guest, has built her consulting firm all around helping small business owners implement what she calls her “3 Month Business Blueprint.”
This episode is a meaty 30 minutes of just how you can effectively connect with the needs of your intended audience and leverage it into a product or service that powerfully solves their problem.
In this episode you’ll learn:
- The three basic steps to creating and defining your audience
- How to research in a way where you have no problems identifying where your audience hangs out and what their burning issues are
- What you can offer your market for free to build your audience and how to avoid some common pitfalls
- How to promote your product/services without the traditional method of promotion.
- Which free or cost-effective tools you can use to setup simple and effective business systems
Eleanore Strong’s Free Giveaway: Here is Eleanore’s one-page resource guide that breaks down here audience-building strategy.
Evernote: Web-based app that acts a digital workspace.
Evernote Web Clipper: Browser extension that allows you to clip webpages for future reference or organization.
Bluehost: Website hosting and domain name registration.
WordPress: Popular and free content management solution you can use to build websites.
Weaver Xtreme: WordPress theme Eleanore recommends to her clients to customize your website look.
Thrive Content Builder: Easy-to-use webpage builder.
Aweber: Eleanore’s preferred email service provider to communicating with her audience.
Mailchimp: Free (but less powerful) alternative to Aweber.