It can be rough transitioning from career to career. It’s definitely even more of a challenge to make the big step of setting out the ‘ol shingle, and go out on your own. But our guest this week, Kevin Kermes, did both in a short time.
Kevin, an Army veteran, veteran headhunter, and founder of the career advice powerhouse All Things Career, tells us his story of how he went from being fired from his newly hired job, just as he was prepared to move cross country. He pulls from his story the strategies that he employed that help him make career pivots with uncanny timing, which resulted in being able to help over 14,000 people find new and fulfilling careers.
iTunes | RSS Download This Episode
In this episode you’ll learn:
- How Kevin managed to survive getting hired out of the Army, only to find out right that he’d been fired almost as soon as he got hired, just in time for his cross country move with his family.
- How Kevin turned a job that was a total mismatch and turnoff into an opportunity to springboard into his perfect career match.
- Why Kevin left an organization that enabled him to smash his income and career goals, all to start his own business.
- How to reverse engineer an offering that matches what your market needs.
- What Kevin struggles the most with (despite his huge business success)–and the foolproof way he’s managed to overcome it.
All Things Career – Kevin’s career advice hub.
Every Veteran Hired – Kevin’s proven transition program for veterans, by veterans.
Linchpin: Are You Indispensible? – Seth Godin’s book on the people that figure out what to do when there’s no rule book. They love their work, pour their best selves into it, and turn each day into a kind of art.