Guest: Bob Burg (www.burg.com)
Welcome to the second episode of The Influence Insider Podcast! We’ve got a great show today and an amazing guest for you to listen to.
Bob Burg is the best-selling author of Adversaries into Allies and The Go-Giver, and in this show he tells us all about the principles that guide Ultimate Influencers.
Subscribe: iTunes | RSS Download This Episode
Here are my notes from the interview:
- Bob and I randomly bond over our shared love of animals.
- The powerful, teachable moment that Bob makes sure he shares every year.
- The fastest, most powerful, and effective way to elicit trust.
- How Ultimate Influence is different—getting results while genuinely helping someone else feel good about themselves and you.
- “By all means, take your emotions for the ride, but make sure you are driving the car.” Dondi Scumaci
- How Bob was able to transform his terrible temper into great lesson.
- Why sometimes interpersonal interactions seemed doomed from the start, and how to deal with the struggle between belief systems.
- Mental shadowboxing—how to effectively prepare for dealing with people’s egos.
- The “lead-in phrase.” How to depersonalize the situation when you have to correct someone.
- “I appreciate ya. Sometimes “thank you” just isn’t enough.
- The power of the Ransberger Pivot and how to effectively reframe adversarial interactions.